Tuesday 26 June 2012

365/178 Still life.

Short note today but must say thanks to everyone for their kind comments about Col.. his ego is boosted ..xx  We head off tomorrow so I am hoping to pick up the prompts on my
phone and at least enter something.. even if it's just a picture entry without being linked until I get back Monday.. so pop back and see if I manage it..


Still life...randomly took some pics around the house in last ten minutes (manic trip to town, shops and then extra five people here for tea tonight... well timed given I should be ironing or packing.. but hey, we are taking a van so maybe I'll just throw half my wardrobe and all my shoes I own in a box!!  )  ...and I even tried out a bunch of bananas..but settled for our growing family of meerkats and figures.

The sailor meerkat was JB's gift to Zac to celebrate his first sea phase at Christmas, the Aviator is Col's as homage to his fondness for the Battle of Britain stories .. oh and the diver figure was a present Col had many years ago .. it has a skull face inside and the helmet is gold plated.. not many of these about, but the irony was that when he was given the figure the same guy owed him quite a bit of money and things were toght and he would sooner have had the money!!  I think he would sell it given the chance but it is a piece of his history, not many people have walked on the bed of the North Sea have they, albeit in more modern kit!

(couldn't decide which picture, with or without flash!)

7 comments:

  1. I hope you will have a fantastic time. Bon voyage ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe journey and prefer without the flash!!

    Don't forget to bring back some vino too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a lovely time and drive safely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your still life! Congratulations! Excellent composition.
    I think that second picture is better for this topic - it has no shadows and the background is perfect!
    Have a great days - have a lovely time! I can not wait to see your new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time.

    I love the meerkats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great that the ornaments all have a meaning. Have a great time away and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time Kathi :)

    I look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

    Without flash and no I don't know anyone who has walked on the bottom of any sea, so kudos to Col :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)