Friday 15 June 2012

365/167 Same .. but different...

..our prompt for the next few days is to feature a mascot / toy / pet or similar in our activites.. sounds just great for me as I like to try and find a tenuous link between what I wrote and the daily news..

.. I was in half a mind to feature one of the girls Ty softies, maybe the giraffe or polar bear, or even Freddie Teddy from my own childhood .. but here is my 'Star of the Week'...Moomin.   I bought him for Col way back when, probably some crazy Christmas thing, as I think he called Zac it a few times when he was small (mmm, Zac is really going to appreciate that when he reads it!) .. anyway, you know how it is.. we had a whole bunch of names the kids were called, Lisa ranged from 'Sausage' to 'Tilly Mint' .. they're the ones I remember best!

..so it's Moomin, mainly as he is only about 3cm high and can go in my pocket or bag and should make a small world look like a much bigger place..

.. so here he was ...standing on the shelf above the computer, hoping I would notice him and cook him something healthy from one of the many cookbooks..

Everyone is out, I mean everyone, so just me and Col for tea.. a lavish meal perhaps, an evening out, what will it be... the weather outside is miserable like a bad autumn chill is in the air.. so I think we may light a fire, snack for tea and find something nice on TV.. til teen taxi is called.. though it is so odd to have Jordan out on her own.. such independence and freedom.. my stay-at-home girl just left the building!!


PS 9.30pm..

''they had beans on toast for tea and settled down to blog and watch MotoGP on TV.. two kinds of heaven.. getting used to the teenless quiet... even appreciating it..I wonder if they'll take me out tomorrow if it stops raining.. it's been a long time since I went out of doors...''

8 comments:

  1. Hope she has a lovely night!

    Looking forward to seeing the world through Moomins eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see moomin, hope you have a good night whatever you decide to do. Its a lovely evening here now but early we had lots of rain(theres a surprise) and a thunderstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Moomin Troll you have the best stuff, I loved the Moomins so much :)

    Hello Moomin, have a great week, i can't wait to see where you end up :)

    No teens in the building, a red letter day tinged with sadness, no? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the peace till the taxi call. I look forward to seeing our huge world through moomin's eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is brilliant :) I will not be able to cope with the poignancy of the Moomins, they made me feel bittersweet when I was a child never mind now when i'm a big old sap!

    I cannot get to work out how to use the g circles I have been round the houses with it!

    I will try again tomorrow night or sunday day off :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear this has made Blue cat all broody LOL!! He is sure too that they met at the same plastic factory!!
    Oh living with teenagers and that awful taxi service, those were the days LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Moomin!Pleased to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Moomin. I'll look forward to seeing what Moomin gets up to

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)