Tuesday 5 June 2012

365/157 Sparkle.

Well I must say how cool the Jubilee concert was last night, we watched it all on TV and I confess that I am still such a Robbie Williams fan.. I am so glad he seems settled, having seem him a couple of times and watched quite a bit of stuff on TV following his tours I always worried he would be one of the lost young guns, but his greying hair, swing songs and impending fatherhood do give me hope that he will live a long and happy life now.

..end of ramble.. time for a Happy Birthday to my Col.. he loves that all the comments yesterday wish him a happy day, the long suffering husband of my random blogging habit!  Thank you!

It's been a bit of a lazy day, he got a nice breakfast in bed, watched some TT coverage on TV, a great relaxer for him (not the big bends and 140mph straights though!)

Zac called mid morning, it's 10 hours ahead out there and they had a lovely half hour chat, as good as sending a big gift!  This is them chatting on the phone with JB waiting to catch up with her much missed brother snuggling under Dad's arm!  She baked him this lovely madeira cake with lemon 'sparkle' (?) icing.

The cake has gone down well, as you can see Lyla is making her mark now, being heard and likes her own full sized piece of cake! 

 










Lilly and I played Pirates and we used Christmas Pot Pourri.. yes, still out in a bowl on the dresser..as treasure.. and there it was..Sparkle.. three little lots of it!   I felt bad as I was fun chasing her with a sword and she got scared that I would cut her throat with it, so we had a big cuddle and agreed to play tickle sword next time.. she's such a madam with a soft gooey middle!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY COL !
    Poor little one with the pirate sword, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day- and a very tasty looking cake to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so sweet to play tickle sword next time. The cake looks lovely, great photos..hope colin enjoyed his day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. Please wish Col a happy Birthday for yesterday from me (same day as my daughters)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Col, glad you got to speak to Zac, excellent pressie :)

    Lol at you playing swords, I love playing :) Not Moshi Monsters anymore though.....although Ali is still insisting. I think we have exhausted all possibilities but apparently not :)

    I agree about Robbie, so ramble on :) Have to say i'm loving Gary too.

    Don't they look a couple of sparkly princesses there enjoying their cake. Yes, of course it's sparkling (and yummy looking)! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realised why I don't get your posts automatically. I hadn't joined LOL. Done now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just read your lovely comments on t' other blog, thanks Kath. Well funnnnnny you should say. I am just planning a cheapo summer hols for me and the family as I am planning to have a few months part-time. I have planned to go to Chessington for a couple of days (as I will be supremo Mum with brownie points) and then sling them out at their Dad's in Portsmouth. Then go and see Anne for a walk in the park with Bubbles and Rhea.

    So Mum and I thought that Cornwall would be our other trip, "a sensible to a nice place trip that we would enjoy", so if you are serious we shall plan in a cup of tea at yours on our way round :)

    It sounds as if you are used to crowds so that is good but if not, i'll make them stay in the car. Oh yes I will! xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)