Tuesday 19 June 2012

365/171 Same, but more in proportion!

"I got left in her scrap den overnight, which incidentally is still quite tidy.. it won't last!.. but I had a bit of a look round. On the wall she has a load of cards and pictures, too nice to store in that desk drawer where the bulk of them have found themselves..and amongst them I found this super little card which is just my size..it's got a little plinth and I sat here a while drinking my milk..that little black cat looks a lot less like me that Scrapping Nana's cat, I guess it must be a different breed"


'' I'm hoping this evening this thing called 'Summer' might give me a little trip out of doors.. .. a barbecue and maybe use up some of the charcoal Col has stored in the sheds, which should have been well depleted by this time of year, apparently.. I heard him grumbling about it when he went to bed and again when he woke up...

Everyone's also a little anxious here as there is a wild rabbit who eats the grass in their garden and he is getting very brave. Yesterday he was only about ten feet away from that huge cat Joey that lives here..it's a bit like a battle of wills, which one of them can run the fastest the day Joey decides to make chase!  Yesterday morning Kathi saw some grey and white fur on the decking and Joey looking very full, but come the end of the day the rabbit reappeared, again eating his own weight in grass and dandelions... maybe he has seen his friends and family being stalked and is enacting his own one-rabbit stand against the Feline!

.. it's not just rabbits that Joey likes to chase by all accounts, the night before last fur was flying and all the young guns in this house were woken when he set on an intruding cat from up the road..a little anger-management is needed where that there cat is concerned I think !"

7 comments:

  1. Moomin- I hope that 'summer' thing appears where you are and you get to sample a nice barbecue. It was lovely here earlier- but now the washing is out I think the rain won't be far!!!

    I love that card- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that the catis keeping you amused Moomin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well keep well clear Moomin, when the fur starts flying you will not want to be in the way!

    Summer is a fleeting moment Moomin, it is made up of vaguely warm to hot hours sometimes only one or two at a time. These are connected by rain, rain and sometimes winter gales. At the first sign of this magic hour or two you lay all your resources out of which the bbq is key. If anything is missing you hotfoot it to the supermarket to rummage on the shelf for the last burger or sausage. Especially if England happen to be playing football. I hope you get outside and I hope there is not too much entertainment of the cat v rabbit type. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a gorgeoys day here today (for once). I hope you manage to have a great BBQ !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got summer and had your bbq, lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moomin we had summer here today and fun in the garden this afternoon but Cleemie and Blue cat hid as they had had enough of Xanthe,

    We did think about a Barbie here but changed our minds like humans do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Congratulations!
    Moomin, I love you!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)