Sunday 24 June 2012

365/176 Pleasure

Well we are almost half way through the year's challenge, I missed a couple of weeks early on but try not to think of that too much, though my mind would feel a little 'tidier' if I knew I had done the ones at the begining.. keep busy and I may forget!

I wonder how we'll all end up by the day 366, it's really nice following other people's days along the way, the smiles and the frowns and the big events and the little ones too..as Anne says I do hope we can do something next year too.. maybe if Suzie's creative juices are at the bottom of the glass us stalwarts could take on a theme or month each.. would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.. I know several of you are pals on UKS  so I'm not sure what you did before this..

 
'Pleasure' .. well today's pleasures are simple ones after a hectic day yesterday, a lay in and then few chores, nip to the shop for bits and now a little blogging while we watch the F1.. this evening holds the promise of some wine and an early night.. ready for a busy week coming up.  Col and I are heading for France to visit a company who sell our kit, we've dealt with them for a good few years but this is our first visit there.. over in Lille, almost Belgium.  The idea was to fetch Kate on the way back, as she is off to T4 next weekend, the pop beach event, but after much planning I remembered our new van only has two seats!! Doh!  So Ross says he'll get her, he likes a road trip!



















Picture for today is our Lyla yesterday enjoying a cupcake.. she loves food, especially when it is exactly the same as everyone else is eating, not cut up, not small pieces.. ...oh and this one of Lilly last summer just loving the fruit salad!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures KathyJo. I love Lily, she lloks like my niece when she was little.
    I agree although it's far away we should start thinking about 365 for 2013 if we want to continue. It's actually pretty easy to find a word, you just open a dictionary left page 3rd word down and the idea of being responsible for a week or a month... each makes sense to me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures, would love to keep doing something, dont know whether i could manage a photo a day again in 2013, but hope we all continue to day 366 this year. Enjoy your trip to France!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww well the girls look so happy and eating the big peoples food always helps them feel part of things.

    Yes, I too have been thinking of next year. If Suzie doesn't want to do it then I am happy to help out with us setting up something new for '13. I guess a month each would help us all to plan ahead. We could also start planning a list 'somewhere' so we don't repeat etc. I would be happy to set up a blog where we could all edit, Anne would be great to put the prompt up as she likes to have them early. Lots of ideas in my head.
    I keep in touch with my UKSers as we are a social group but I find it easier to keep in touch with photos through blogs and I think it is a great discipline for when we don't feel much like it.
    Have a fabulous trip, I hope it goes well and you enjoy it. Will you be blogging? If not I shall miss you and see you when you return. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gawd I know i'm going on again, but the shakespeare love is a new thing that I have found this summer, but I love the 'things we don't have in common theme' maybe that would be good for a month next year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute photos- they look so pleased!!!

    I'd love to have another project to look forward to. It's made me take photos that I wouldn't otherwise have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy safe travelling xx
    Thank you for the lovely things you put on my blog! xx

    I too am up for a challenge again. Have loved photo challenges and did Shimelle's 25th of the month several years ago, The Sept Learn Something New for a couple of Septs, then Anna Bowkis 365 challenge where a group of us remained together even today and we are now The Crumblies SG on UKS. We set ourselved the toy challenge in 2010 which is where Clemmie comes from.

    Would be great to to try and make a weekend together too in 2013?

    I would be happy to do a month's photo words too

    and last but not least, love the pictures of Layla and Lily xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dipping in to your life Kathi. When I was scrapping, I was on UKS all the time - it's a brilliant network of likeminded bods. I miss scrapbooking sometimes. Thought about you this weekend whilst in Cornwall (although we were in north cornwall!) It was whilst I had 5 minutes to myself just lying flat on my back looking up at the sky on Crantock beach and just breathing deep. That sense takes me right back to childhood cornish hols - that smell I have only ever smelt in cornwall. That sound of thundering surf I associate with the cornish coast. Ah, cornwall. How I love thee. And then I thought of you. Bet you feel like that all the time you lucky dog!!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)