Friday 8 June 2012

365/160 Vintage

.. well I went upstairs in search of something vintage, I have quite a lot of old stuff but I think vintage should have a special kind of 'look' or feel..I picked out a few photos and was pleased with how they came out being rephotographed, the people look clearer and I see them in a different light... but saving them for a lazy day prompt..

Instead I fell upon this album cover..I still have quite a lot of LPs and most of the singles I ever bought, but most of them are out in our sheds. This album had been loaned to one of the guys I hung out with back in the late 70's / early 80's and to be true I had probably forgotten all about it..then two or three years ago Ross was working with the same guy's daughters and he passed it back via the kids.  

There were a bunch of kids all in the same social circle and (as I do) I asked enough questions about who's dad was who and all that, to realise that about 4 of us teens from Mousehole had kids now who all knew each other.. not so amazing but I kind of liked it!!  

Okay so some of us had been away and come back, but Ross like me likes living where he knows people and they know him.. amazing how different people are, my brother-in-law really likes new places and new things to do all the time!

..and for Jen.. I always lived here really, first out west near Land's End at my 'home' , then as a teen in Mousehole, I went to Uni in Exeter for three years and then lived around this area, about ten mile radius of Penzance ever since, so I see some people I always knew, and some I never see..my Mum stayed in Mousehole til my Jb was born in 1994 so we've always been close to the sea..xx

5 comments:

  1. Used to love Motown!

    I would really love to live near the sea- maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath I have finally caught up with your blogging for a few days. What a lovely spot you lived in right by the sea. Like you I was brought up in Hastings, then went to collage for 3 years in Essex and came back to Hastings to my first teaching job and have stayed in the same town all my life. I love knowing so many people when I go out!
    Sorry I missed Col's birthday but what a treat he had with that phone call xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea of vitbage photo. That's funny to see that some people were born in a place and lived more or less all their life there and some others like me went all over the places and almost became a stranger to the place they were born.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like staying in one place but unfortunately I have moved around quite a bit, only in this country though.
    I still love Motown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kath, that is lovely to know. I love the sense of belonging to a place, it is nice to recognise faces when out and about but I feel more connected to the place.

    I had to get right away from Ilfracombe when I was 18 but couldn't be away from the sea so really would only tolerate Plymouth or Portsmouth. I ended up at Portsmouth and loved that it was such a different bit of the sea, busy and no cliffs. When I needed to leave there though I was so happy to come back to sleepy North Devon :)

    Love the vintage album xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)