Saturday 23 June 2012

365/175 Nature

Before I left home today Zac called from Sydney and we caught up on all his news.. he says it's quite cool out there but almost always nice when they get to the South Pacific islands.. it's so good we can speak so easily, so different to when my childhood friends brother was in the Merchant Navy and just seemed to disappear unheard of for months on end.

Well the weather held out and Mazey Day was great; well, too many people for our liking but fine weather, some lovely processions and for me the best bit is seeing people I haven't seen in ages... kind of just what I need with the mood I've been in... yes, the grey cloud has lifted, at leats enough for me to have seen the fun in being out getting wet this evening!

I met my cousin Julie which was nice (I think  and then a girl from school just two other girls from our year walked past..and some friends who have kids the same ages as ours.. its so funny how we all seem to swap stories of our children's current whereabouts.. maybe it's the way us pre-Facebookers are..


I brought the girls home for a bit while M&D had a few hours 'off', I enjoy doing it even though sometimes it is a little hectic, it's a kind of pay-it-forward thing as I really appreciate now what our Mum's did for us.. and with five of them!!

Usually we hang out at ours and its a gradual deterioration into chaos before they go home, but today a pal was having a bit of a birthday thing on an old piece of restored Railway so we set off to say hello.. it was fun too.. me and Col juggling the girls, Lilly being extra confident asking all  kinds of questions from complete strangers she now reckoned should tell her everything and a train ride to boot! 

In the car park (which was quite a run back in the pouring rain) we spotted a proud peacock and I thought he's make a nice 'Nature' picture for today..

Lilly asked Col why he had a hole in his sock and she looked so hurt when I told her it was because I was a 'rubbish wife'... so she made me a card later to show me I wasn't!

I asked her later if she was hungry.. 'Just hungry for a drink'... howabout milk?...'Milk would be lovely'.. awhh Lilly, you are gorgeous.... 'Yes, I know'.............she cracks us up!

7 comments:

  1. Forgotten how old Lily is but she sounds a sweetie :) Bet you are tired now but it sounds as though it has lifted your spirits:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day- and Lily sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was just what you needed. Must get down to Mazey Day next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a lovely day Kathi, i'm glad it all lifted your spirits.

    What a sweetie she is, how cute is that 'hungry for a drink'.

    What a great shot for nature too :) I hope you have a nice day today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post today KathiJo.
    PS: I don't like repairing socks either ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very busy but fun day for you. Grat pictures and I enjoyed your reflections on mother /grandmothering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great day and a lovely conversation with lily.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)