Friday 22 June 2012

365/174 Sunshine?..Every cloud..

..what a miserable day..(Thursday).. grey rainy summer evenings can be so draining.. I had hardly any enthusiasm for anything and when I got in from work I sat down to chat to JB and grabbed a blanket to warm me up.. next thing I knew it was almost seven, I'd been asleep and J had cooked our tea.. what a hunney!


Poor Col had no such rest, drainage works.. yeah 'nuff said' but he was just finishing off when I set out to fetch Kate home from her beau's house..this is the view across the yard.. (phone camera hence the rubbish quality for sky images at 9pm but I liked it..)


I have a little thing for light showing from behind the clouds, it reminds me that just out of reach our Mums are there, watching, waiting, reminding us that even when life is grey here, then we should be thankful for whatever has been and whatever is coming soon.

I was chatting about that, about the summer barbecues and cream teas we used to have, often at Col's Mum's instigation and this time of year I often find myself missing having the older ladies about to nudge us into a 'bit of a do'... I know it's down to me now but the girls aren't just ready to play my role yet..

(Fri) I have been really quite mis' the last few days, it seems it's not only me though, and I do wonder if it is the weather.. but also I think, although I am nowhere near having an 'empty nest' then I am suffering the 'empty nest syndrome'.. I really miss the time with JB, fetching and carrying her, listening to her laughs and woes as she comes or goes from work or college, ... now she drives herself it's not quite the same listening in between ironing and making tea..

Kate is getting pretty self sufficient and well Ross, he is doing his thing.. I fell upon a pic of Zac last night, taken on the boat the other day and I was surprised at the sudden 'missing him' feeling I had.. he too does his own thing but when he's here we all kind of hang out more and 'do things'.. perhaps, to be fair it was the sunshine day on the boat in the picture I am also hankering after.. or just the 'having everyone about' thing.. blah blah  

2011 Mazey Day
Anyways, it's festival time in this neck of the woods and tomorrow is Mazey Day, I should be meeting Lisa and we can show the girls the processions and the bands..

Lilly will love it and Lyla will hate the noise, but maybe will like it from the safety of my arms..I shall hope for warm (or at least an almost dry day) and perhaps don a maxi dress and join the myriads of people in their tie-dies and home made handbags..

I should really paint a few flowers on my cheek, get some John Lennon sunglasses and go fully incognito!  Maybe then I'd relax a bit and have some fun and stop being the miserable cow I have become the last week or so ...

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a hug dear {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} from me, need a get together very soon. Hope the sun is kind to you tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do seem like you need a hug, so I send you 2 massive ones. I feel like this too when the weather is miserable.
    I love your light/clouds photo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am sending you {{{Huggles}}}} of a special kind as you really sound in the doldrums :(

    Do hope the sun will shine and you can be a flower power gal from the sixties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy tomorrow! and the sky picture is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clouds, clouds, but still - there is sunshine! / the white part/
    Very beautiful picture!
    Tomorrow I'm in the Rila Monastery and you will have good weather!
    As Helen says:
    Enjoy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I am beginning to wonder if the 'Women who live or work together get in the same cycle' works on a photo challenge blog?
    Both you and I without looking at each others posts prior, used 'nuff said' and another phrase has chinked a bell that has been mentioned twice.
    So I think there is definitely something in what you say about the weather.

    I often find that I go from Les Mis to Sunshine in a few hours as well.

    As to your specifics, as you say there are good reasons for the feelings and no way to go round it but to get used to it, but it must be so hard. However much you look forward to the solace of not being taxi Mum and propping them up, it is a kind of job as well as a responsibility as well as a labour of love and it leaves all sorts of gaps.

    Big ((((hugs))) for you, I hope you sleep well ready for Mazey Day - I love that name so much. A scrapbook page has surely been done already if you have been scrapping long, but maybe from the young un's pov if you haven't done it recently and maybe the start of Project Life to record such antics in a simple way?

    Much love and thoughts, Jen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hugs- hope today's celebrations helped to lift your spirits.

    We were talking at a family wedding yesterday that the 'cousins' generation really need to start organising family parties- as we tend to only see the immediate family group now.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)