Wednesday 13 June 2012

365/165 Earth tones..

Home alone.. should be scrapbooking.. but had the urge to bake, maybe the aged (!) bananas were the clincher.. or the apples which need using in the fridge..so I set to work.. an old Banana Cake recipe from wartime Australia, I made one last week, it goes quite gooey but is fab with cream, like a pudding!
Then some flapjacks, mainly because I had used all the castor sugar so no sponge cakes on the menu.  Then a great Devon Apple Cake from a Cranks Cookbook.. it's a great book but I've probably only made three things from it in 25 years!!

Mmmm, what for my tea.. ahh, no-one else likes quiche much so I slid one in the oven to have afterwards, love it with salad.. and the picture with the salad just made sense.. okay, earth tones with a bit of colour!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh if I had known you were having quiche for tea I would have been round - love it. Cakes look yummy as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays we will just do anything to avoid the hobby we love :D

    Well they all look delicious, another quiche fan here! I love cookbooks but quite scared to cook/bake most of it.

    I loved your comment about cultivating a taste for ginger and licorice to avoid it being stolen. I really love dark chocolate now with sour cherries, chilli, orange and spices, salt, you name it if the kids don't like it i'll try it! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I again agree with kim -
    It looks so tempting!
    BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)