Saturday 9 June 2012

365/161 Frayed.

I'm short of inspiration at the moment, seems my pal Karen feels the same about her photography...my Col is away tomorrow, early for a trip away til Thursday so I am thinking that maybe, just maybe I will use the spare half day to sort my scrap space and get going again.  The only trouble is the usual, when you have a free half day you come up with several good things you could do, then waste half the time deliberating about which to do, when to start and so on.. (shouting now).. 'Stop pontificating and get on with it!!!'

(Inserted here, before posting this.. I found one.. a picture of a sad frayed palm tree on one of our holidays!)


So, whilst the prompt 'frayed' perhaps relates more to my state of mind than an image of some worn out jeans (and aren't they just the best that month or two before the fray becomes a fully fledged 'hole' ?)...I have something to tell...

Zac on our website..
So, as you know our Zac is away in Oz, working aboard  P&O cruise ship as part of his training... well you may also know that we make, here in Cornwall, a range of stainless steel drum trolleys and materials handling equipment (STS) which is sold to all kinds of companies all over this country and some abroad.. including quite a few to a reseller called PBA Safety out in Australia.  
Our flagship product which we have been making for about twelve years is a drum handling trolley for oil drums.. it is very trick and really is revolutionary if you ever used it, not like the tragic type of sack truck thing people sometimes use...(well as ever I digress.. end of sales pitch..)

So, (are you keeping up?) Zac is on a ship out of Sydney and he goes down into the engine room for some job or another.. and there it is.. one of our drum trolleys, cut , bent and manufactured here in Cornwall, shipped to Oz and then resold to P&O.. for our Zac to find and feel proud of.. here's the pic.. just brilliant!!

One we made earlier!
Did you read the manual?



Enjoying his work..xx

6 comments:

  1. Hope you manage to make use of your half day tomorrow.
    How fantastic is that for Zac to find the Cornish drum on his ship and send you those photos too, bet you were thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cornish drum on its way to Australia. Wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's actually the trolley, the stainless steel handling bit we make.. and we know its one of ours as we invented it and make them all! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG How brilliant :)
    I cannot get over how unlikely it is that your son finds a part of you guys abroad apart from how you tell us that they are popular.

    I love that he took photos for you of him using them. Great salesman for you :)

    I wondered what it was that you make there so now I know, well done KathiJo Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you made time for you, and I love the story about zac xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great find for Zac, looks like he is having a great time too.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)