Sunday 10 June 2012

365/162 Neglected.

Our laburnum tree in the garden is losing its colour now so it looks quite neglected, but I did take a picture of it a while back when it was looking good...


.. my craft room got its make over so it is no longer neglected.. and I feel so much happier..it is a small room next to our bedroom and I see the chaos every time I pass the door. I have rationalised it a bit and the desk now has stuff I use on it..so despite Col having to go off today for his early start tomorrow I did get something out of the empty afternoon...


It was quite strange when he was leaving as he took his Dad with him, to visit his brother, so the place is really quiet today. Kate spontaneously hugged Col..(it doesn't always happen.. you know, teen girls and their Dads..sometimes they each think the other is an alien!).. but it was real nice and they cuddled so I commented I should have it in a picture.. so they posed.. just look at those eyes.. she isn't going to be neglected is she!
JB, Ross, April and I had tea late on and I am waiting now to fetch Kate from her job (did I say she had a job at the Chinese in town close by.. it pays for the evening twice what the hair salon paid in a whole day.)
I know she should be home in bed ready for school tomorrow, but hey she would be watching TV or chatting to someone on FBk if she was home, so I am cool. And if she falls asleep in a lesson its not that far from not listening is it.. I am sure you will all be frowning, but she's our last babe and I really have thrown away the parental angst and swapped it for some chilled out Mum potion!
Other news on the Kate front is that she got through to the finals of Miss FreshTeen a teen model competition under the Miss England umbrella.. so we are hoping that goes well later in the year!

Now, to the word of the day again.. 'neglected' .. well I have neglected to mention of late that our Jordan is making herself a bit of a name in the custom sunglasses world.  And what world is that?.. well she has a FaceBook and Etsy site so you can see for yourself..


 
 

2 comments:

  1. I see your crafting has rubbed off on her :D They are cool.

    What a great capture of them today, and I can quite see why she would do well at Miss Fresh Teen, what a lovely fresh face.

    Well done on letting go, no frowning here, Missy is in her room straightening her hair and has been for the last what feels like three hours. Attached to her phone and no sign of tiredness. To be fair she generally gets up without any moaning.

    I did the sensible thing with the boys and just shut them in their room. I'll deal with the grumps tomorrow night. From long experience it is a pointless waste of my stress to try and bring them back down for school from holiday time.

    The smell of a tomato when it is a 'proper one' takes me right back to our old house when I was a teenager. I wouldn't have eaten a tomato for all the tea in china back then mind you. But I did enjoy going in there with Mum and seeing them grow!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pic of Kate and her Dad. That's precious. (Not in an American twee sense of the word). And well done Jordan on the sunglasses thing - brilliant thinking!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)