Tuesday 12 June 2012

365/164 Antique.

Two things today : Uncle Bill's birthday.. I had in mind it was today and Kate saw it on Facebook.. ahh, it has some uses...Happy Birthday from your Cornish connection.. xxxx

...and Jordan PASSED her Driving Test.. what a little beauty!!  She had to wait for the car to come through MOT and then had to go to work half an hour later!


 I have most of the antique things I own in my Mum's little annexe which she used to live in. ..she went into a residential home for the last six months of her life and in that time I sorted a lot of stuff out, so as it turns out it was easier to do before than after.  The place was decorated for Uncle Bill to stay in so I kept the antique stuff in a nice glass cabinet, a little bit of our life long ago.


There are a few things hidden in my scrap room drawers and here are some of them..mostly a diary and post from my Mum's Dad, sent home from East Africa in the first war.. I should get on with the job of writing up his thoughts, he was a teacher and I am sure he had lots of views of the way the world was then..I think of him like the Tom Hanks character in Private Ryan, a teacher misplaced in a war.


Also found a silver coin, well worn, turns out, thanks to Google, it is a Queen Victoria commemoratuve meal from her Diamond Jubilee.. good timing.. here's the Google image I found, so the one I have is very worn, maybe it was worn around someone's neck.. it has a small hole in it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely things to have. I love the coin as a charm and yes what great timing. The letters must be the most precious things though, someones thoughts are fascinating.

    Well done on the driving test. Have you any more to taxi around now or are you done? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your memories, well done to JB for passing her driving test, your taxi service will have less work now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely memories and great photos...nice to compare the coin with google pictures too.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)