Saturday 2 June 2012

365/153 Isolated.

I always pick up the prompt in the morning and ponder the picture throughout the day, with some good / some bad suggestions from the 'gallery'!  Isolated threw me down some funny ones: Ross out in his cabin in the garden, Kate laying on the sofa while we were all in the kitchen, but I wasn't inspired... so I waited.

This morning, a day late, it came to me. I was chatting with Colin wondering where and how Zac is doing on his new ship, the Pacific Jewel and there it was...'isolated'.. he couldn't be further from us, based in  Sydney and sailing out on everything from a two week trip to Fiji to 3-day comedy cruises!  Thank God for the internet and satellite phones, they have made the world a much smaller (seeming) place than when I ventured to Uni in far off Devon in 1979!!

I'm sure Zac doesn't feel very isolated himself, on a ship with up to 2500 on board, but hey, this morning they dock in the Isle of Pines in New Caledonia.... now I have to work my brain as actually it's 8pm out there so he is already heading for the next port.. 'Mystery Island' !! Sounds like a venue for a Scooby Doo adventure..

(needless to say I didn't take the picture myself.. oops, I'm sure the challenge was there originally to improve our photo skills.. over to you Zac, send me something.. xxxx)

6 comments:

  1. Wow- he's really seeing the world. What a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect holiday destination to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope he is taking lots of photos for you, what a time he will be having

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't mind having a holidays break there !

    ReplyDelete
  5. We visited Raratonga when we left NZ so can imagine the sort of places he will see on the ship, what is he doing on the cruise? guess he is working for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, the places he goes, the people he sees *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)