Saturday 21 July 2012

365/203 Three's a Crowd!

Warning : photo heavy post today! (and phone camera at that but bear with me...)

I laughed when I saw this was the prompt.. Col and I were on our way out to the boat and his Dad was going to join us later!!  Six or seven is a crowd on the boat and we have done it in the past, three is actually just fine and it is nice seeing Ken / Pops enjoying time out fishing, messing about on the water and just generally being with us.

I am turning into 365er Anne now as I took some nice pics of the sky.. so lovely to see blue and a sun.. if only weather didn't get in the way of that lovely sun!

It was pretty flat and any wind went over us when we got close in, so we could skirt round some of the huge granite outcrops.. I just so love being out there and Col has got one of those clever all singing and dancing SatNav for boat type things which lets us get close in safely... he just loves his gadgets!



These little guys are actually quite big and the black ones (locally called shags ;-/) do amazingly fast dives to catch fish.

 Pops always loves fishing, we didn't get many today, a few mackerel and sand eel.. yeah, so we called and bought so tuna from Tesco for our tea...don't report me to the sustainability police, it is just too much our favourite!!





 This picture cracked me up.. it sure looks like Col is not happy.. maybe he was thinking 'Three's a Crowd'.. I think not, probably just his default thinking face!
 

 It was obviously not that warm as the local beaches were pretty deserted, we Cornish take a few days good weather to actually believe the warmth is here..mind you Tesco was full of pastey coloured blokes in shorts and looking uncomfortable having to do a food shop with kids in tow.. not the way office bods from out of county want to spend the first evening of a holiday really!

The Mount isn't open on a Saturday, change over day I guess and even the boatmen get a day off.. and at 6pm this evening it was surely like a holiday island paradise..



















This bulk carrier was in the bay so we went over to have a look.. it only has a few crew, probably about ten or twelve. I always think that some of the people doing Zac's course are on these ships, almost the opposite of the 'customer' heavy market cruise ships are in. I guess you certainly have to enjoy your own company and be an avid reader to make time pass on there..

Can you imagine though, having to leave the ship in a crisis.. the lifeboat would go underwater after being laubched off that skid on the back! And in bad weather too!

Last couple..for the tour guide in me.. this is the minack theatre, cut out of the cliff just by Porthcurno..I am hoping to take Lilly there one day soon for morning puppet show. She saw the Twits there and loved it.







And especially for my Col, the tee-shirt JB bought him, he was a true brick today, he knows how good it is for me.. and consequently him I suppose..

.. me and the girls are shopping in Plymouth tomorrow.. so I hope the prompt is appropriate.. xx

Night night.. xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, messing around in boats should be prescribed by the NHS for those of us that love the sea. So nice to see the Shags, used to crack me and my bruv up when we were teens :)
    I love Col's tee, I imagine your kids might see him as 'old' but he isn't is he so I hope he is being ironic!
    I did my small boat/lifeboat proficiency course at Warsash when I became an officer and we got to have a go in one of the slip boats (even though our lifeboats were more traditionally launched!) and it was hairy, scary and just brilliant, well it was when I was 23!

    Glad you had a good day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I also wanted to say that our Tesco was full of the same folk today :)

    Enjoy your shopping day, crossing the border eh? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like messing about on boats is good for you. Lynne was doing the same today.

    You pictures are lovely and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post KathiJo and yeah ! Everybody is taking pictures of the clouds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a lovely day and love the photos, what a glorious sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Kathy we were both out on bats today and I know what you mean about not that warm especially when the sun found a cloud!

    We were watching the Go for Gold Rally which was happening all round UK. Beaches at Camber were bust with those past peeps too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, again! Great post! I wanted to have enough time to read. Congratulations! Excellent photos! Most liked the picture - a father and son! So much courage! They really look in different directions - as if they were guards! With such men with you, dear Kathy can be proud of!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)