Friday 13 July 2012

365/195 Flowers

.. always happy to have a nice easy prompt.. when the girls were here last weekend I enjoyed telling Lilly the names of some of the flowers. I didn't really realise how much I knew from my Mum, and it is lovely to hear Lilly in turn remembering them.

Last year I had a sorry little piece of flower bed and in it we planted hydrangeas, now they are decent size and even disguise the grasses amongst them!


Hebe!

Pops has planted a few petunias and the fuschias are coming through, Col still uses the area for cutting wood for the decking but one year when he is done I plan to have lots of lobelia and mesembrinthemums all down the wall. 

There's Lilly by the flower bed, she got her wellies good and muddy and I just stopped her trapsing indoors in full flow.  Her favourite flower was the Hebe.. or Phoebe as she liked to call it.. they remind me of when I was a child, we used to pick the leaves and press them to open them up!

Finally from my library of pictures some playground inspired flowers from a railway station open space in Lille the other day... was it only two weeks ago we were there!?

@ Lille Railway Station


4 comments:

  1. One of my grand uncles used to teach me the name of the flowers in the mountains. I have such nice memories of this time. I am sure your girls will too.
    Oh ... and you really need to be French to put this kind of flowers in front of a railway station, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos and lovely that you do know the names. I only don't because I am dense, My Granny, Auntie and Mum spend lots of hours trying. I just can't keep them in my head! My Mum had to tell me three times the other week for one flower and I was chuffed I remembered it. Can I remember it today? Nope :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I am hopeless with flower names wish I knew more about them.

    Love the flowers at Lille station!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos, the flowers at the train station look great and I cant remember many flower names at all.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)