Monday 9 July 2012

365/191 Delicate.

.. this word always makes me think of how my Mum would use it.. to describe someone who was a little vulnerable healthwise, prone to not being well, a little frail..in need of 'looking after'.. probably the kind who wouldn't like cold weather or getting wet and cold..


..and the photos I have taken show just the opposite, our lovely Lyla in all kinds of positions, getting good and grubby, climbing and generally trying her luck (mainly with the cat who is not the most reliable friendly of creatures.. he would eat us if he was better proportioned we reckon)....certainly Lyla is not exhibiting any delicate tendancies and after nursery Lilly played some more  with a new snail harbour!

 ... they have gone home this evening, all fed and watered, bathed and ready for bed. M&D had a great break but sure enough it will soon be a distant memory, but it is so nice to know they could go and not worry..
Mmmm, hello 'Cat'

I love the wet bits of the decking.. I may even taste it!

Sandy messy wet shoes!

Snail Harbour v2




I know I can, I think I can...


7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Looks like your grand daughter had a wonderful stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL if the cat were big enough you reckon he would eat you ? LOL Well...
    I know exactly what you mean with "better to feel strong sad feelings than the mundane dry days". Well I think I do ! We say in France it's better to hurt and feel alive than be numb and feel dead.
    Between Andy Murray and I, it's a long story, lol. I've always found him arrogant and I can't stand arrogant people, that's why seeing him "normal" yesterday warmed me up to him a bit.
    One can't be liked by everybody anyway and I surely go on the nerves of plenty of people, lol. Nighty night, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh these photos bring back memories of little girls exploring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No she doesn't look particularly delicate, cute as a button and loads of fun of course, give me ready for action princesses any time :)

    I imagine you have enjoyed a good nights sleep after that as well :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos but gosh I bet your getting tired?
    Have Xanthe today and next week on her own then there will be 2 of them for summer hols every Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aren't children so scrummy when fed, watered and clean? tee hee. They look adorable, how lovely for you to have a go at the nice bits of parenting all over!

    Just caught sight of Anne's comment re Andy Murray. I too could not summon up any enthusiasm for him in the final, and only felt a little thawing when he started to cry at the end! Ain't people weird....(I am including myself there...) x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)