Friday 6 July 2012

365/188 Modern.

Well thanks everyone for your massaging of my empty feelings .. today has been a complete contrast as you can imagine.. school runs, school fete and all that goes with two under four! 

Luckily the babe was asleep at lunchtime when Zac called so we had good chats with him, all is good for him, it's such a busy life on a cruise ship and when he comes home it must feel eerily still!  He has started watches and changed today so by Saturday morning will do three four hour watches in 24 hours.. but as he has to do six months watches in five shipping phases he has to notch them up ... he has learnt how it is to sleep for 20 minutes to grab the moment, but trips to resorts and meeting new people from all over the world certainly make the balance good.


I kind of keep an eye on other people's photos as the day goes on and sometimes I guess I use a little help from other people's ideas.. imagine this morning when I read Anne's blog (she is always such an early bird) .. and saw this.. SNAP!  I probably wouldn't have thought of minebutit is definitely a piece of soomething modern I just liked one day, I like how it is all one piece and flows nicely.. I also like that kind of sandstoone..I think that's what it is...

...as for modern aspects to my day today..... well here's a couple of pictures from my (modern) phone, showing Lilly throwing wet sponges at a teacher and Lyla putting jigsaw pieces in and out of a box..she's at that phase, put it in, take it out.. but Iggle Piggle and the Night Garden crew are definitely modern kids TV aren't they! ... and in my day the last thing we'd get chance to do is soak a teacher..xx

 

7 comments:

  1. LOL KathiJo, at least we have the same kind of taste. It's a beautiful sculpture isn't it ? I love the complexity, must come from my twisted mind, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that you and Anne should have the same sculpture! Soaking the teacher sounds fun...unless you are the teacher lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi you are right we would never have soaked a teacher when we were at school!!

    GREAT MINDS THINK A LIKE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a busy day, the fete looks fun and the girls look suitably absorbed! Great to hear from Zac, even if it is so busy for him :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful sculpture.Very modern and artistic.
    Glad you had a busy day.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, no we wouldnt have been allowed to throw wet sponges at our teachers. Love the modern sculpture too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos. My daughter got to throw sponges at her teacher this week.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)