Tuesday 3 July 2012

365/184 Shadow

Monday didn't really offer many opportunities for photographing a shadow.. Col had a customer call in the morning so I hung out at the hotel.. a little dose of Jamie's 30 minute meals, some house makeovers and Loose Women... ahh how the other half live, it's been a while since I saw daytime TV!


We headed southwest and met drizzle and miserable weather, so much so we didn't stop to eat til almost five, the sun came out, but to be honest it would take a major heatwave to make the Little Chef we visited worth trying again.  Who said they had changed? Not this one.. so we left without sitting down and it was a  cheese roll from OnTheRun, which wasn't much better in the facility / tidiness stakes... we were so fed up, the UK we encountered was casting its own shadow over the lovely few days we had experienced in France!


I know that the French people we met said the English are always smiling and the French were miserable, so I think it's not so much about the place or the nationality, it's about being away, being 'en vacance' and generally appreciating a change and noticing the good or bad as it strikes you... ( a loo with loo roll all over the floor and out of order signs you wonder will ever change didn't help the UK cause mind you.. so there's the shadow...


 .. but to cheer me up, here's a nice picture.. sun and shadows on a parrotfish!


3 comments:

  1. Well a road trip is one thing but the unenlivened misery across the south of England is another.
    Well I am glad that you had a nice time, and I'm even gladder you are both home safe from manky places :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shadows - I've forgotten about them! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm known where you are coming from - and people ask why we want to move to france!! x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)