Thursday 5 July 2012

365/187 Empty.

Well it's been a funny kind of day. I got busy this morning and this afternoon we had customers visiting so there is always a lot to think about then. By six thirty we were pretty brain dead and we went out to have something to eat, just a nice place close by with Col's Dad. It was nice not to cook but we came home pretty soon and are 'home alone'  The kids are either working or at friends so will all descend on us again in a couple of hours...

I am kind of getting used to the empty house, and at times I really like it but it will be a while before I can make proper use of the time for myself and not feel like I may be on call at any minute!  It's not using the time to 'do something' that bugs me..

It's hard to photograph the lack of children about the place but then I had a great idea... tonight we have an empty bed and an empty travel cot.. but tomorrow.. and the next day.. and the next day.. there will be our gorgeous girls in them!! So I have brought you the toys waiting in empty beds...



... and at this point a big Cornish congratulations for our pals in the USA .. Will and Michele are welcoming their new grand daughter Bayla Faye, a cutie at just over five pounds.. ohhh I love babies soooo much xx

.. and a little empty feeling sometimes this week when I come across a pic of our 'Zac-man', this one in my scrap space where Lyla will be sleeping.... it's about six weeks since he left so we are half way through the trip, we speak every couple of weeks when he has some off time in Sydney and it sounds like he is getting lots of experience and spending plenty of time on boats and stuff.... I think he has had a good amount of rain too so maybe it's going to be September sun for both our birthdays and some R'n'R for the Jones'..xx

7 comments:

  1. Hugs to you KathiJo, it must be hard to have a empty house too often. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they call it empty nest syndrome because it goes on for a while. (((hugs))) Hopefully by the time you get this the girls will be at yours.

    I am sure in a few months time you will have found a way to enjoy yourself :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like very much your photos!
    Feels peace and quiet of the empty house.
    Not Be Sad - this is for short time, right? And then - a full house with the kids!
    Hugs to you KathiJo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand how the empty nest must feel! I think we'll always have our one daughter with us though.

    Rosie and Jim!!!!!!!! A blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos and pleased to know the beds will be full again in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the empty nest syndrome when the last one in our family left home. I soon filled the gap though even though I miss Jen and her friends being around now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post tugged at the old heartstrings. I remember the days when we were waiting for Mark's kids to arrive for a stay of longer than a weekend - when the rooms were ready, clothes out and beds made up with clean duvets and their cuddly toys laid out. It was a warm fuzzy feeling. Bet it's nice to know you have the littlies coming for the foreseeable though.......

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)