Thursday 19 July 2012

365/201 Cheese.

So at last I am back on track and not a day behind, have been blogging in retrospect, just don't seem to have been inspired the last few days, maybe not much happening here, or perhaps too much ..but the weekend approaches and sunshine they say..a trip out in the boat we hope and to Plymouth shopping with my three girls (a six monthly event for Lisa's birthday and then pre-Xmas..Mum's treat, we even go 1st class on the train and get free coffees which is just about even!)

..and so to the prompt ...I cannot imagine a life without cheese.. we always have cheese in the fridge and on special occasions I buy smelly blue cheese and garlic cheese, but only when there are other people here to eat it with me!

Normally we have cheese at least once a day, Mexicana hot cheese and pepper Boursin are great but we always always have cheddar! I wonder if Colin and our pal Simon might tire of cheese s/w for lunch but I do ring the changes with coleslaw and stuff and pasties some days and if customers visit we buy lunch in.. so I look forward to that.. like tomorrow.. our friends from the MoD visiting! 

The first is my cheese drawer today and the next is an old snap of my favourite buy for Christmas evenings in with visitors!


...........................

So this evening I thought I'd do a bit more on the layout for the Happy Scrappers Challenge.. the theme is Birthday Celebrations and I found a great set of pictures Jordan took of Lilly last year blowing out the candles on her cake and of course directing the cutting operation. The pointed finger and the frown are just so 'her', we love every ounce of her and her brilliant attitude, although it's a full time job pacing yourself with her so as to not let her get the upper hand (too much!)



I used an idea from another layout and made some bunting which threaded really well onto some gold wire which keeps it firmer and twisted.

So glad I made the green sheet of '3' paper fit, all it needed was some distressing with pink and star masking on the striped Stamping Up paper I used for the backing.

I must have bought that way back when.. well before she was born I guess!

8 comments:

  1. Your cheese looks delicious and I love your LO. We are also expecting good weather this week-end. Yeah ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good weekend on the boat and the layout looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO Kathi
    fab photo's such a pretty little girl
    Thank you for joining in the fun at The Happy Scrappers for our Birthday Celebrations Challenge
    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bloody love cheese. I couldn't stand it until I was 25, and my discovery of it's loveliness co-incided mysteriously with the appearance of my first cellulite ha ha.

    That Lilly chick looks SOOO much like you!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! I read it - and Uncle Google has helped me.
    Great pictures! I love your project with photos of Lily! She is charming! Even when slightly frowning - she is so cute! I wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cheese drawer!

    We went first class the first time we took the train down to Cornwall and had free coffee and Prince Charles very own shortbread! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great weekend.
    I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout Kathi, fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing at Happy Scrappers this month. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)