Wednesday 11 July 2012

365/193 Cold

It's been a hectic day and I was playing catch up for the lost days over the weekend in the office... but sometimes it's amazing how much you can do if you shut up and get on with it!! (mmm, lesson there somewhere!)

Lilly had few hours with her new teacher, she is in Reception next year and they are a small little group, she will love it!  Hope school doesn't leave her as jaded as it has left most of mine, if only we could bottle their early years enthusiasm for their teens when herding and ticking boxes is the main obsession with secondary school..

.. anyway I picked her up and we had an hour picking out a few bits for Mummy's birthday (Happy Birthday Lou.. x) and also got ourselves a sit down at Mr B's ice cream parlour...I took this pic and clean forgot about it til I started to write this.. yes, definitely 'cold' and tasty.

Then it was back to work,  Col & JB are away , she is going to see some customers with him (watching him at work is quite some thing, he is a great sales guy, often comes away with a new friend in the customer and they always feel like he will solve all their problems.. the problems start when he has to work out how!).. then tomorrow they are going to Farnborough Airshow for the day.. kind of bonding with Dad day!.. oh it's great when your teens are more enthusiastic than you and you don't have to do the ooohing and aaahhhing all the time!

Later I got Kate from her work experience and dropped her to her real job.. another crazy thing schools do.. have you had your Health & Safety induction yet?.... put your bag and coat there, this is the kettle and mind the stairs... yeah, right!  
(As you can tell I am at the end of my education tether, I have a good deal of frustration with the school system and will be glad when they are all out of it and can make their own way in the world...mine have been of varied ability and not one of them has come away agreeing it was the best years of their lives, not the most clever, the most sociable or the most compliant..interestingly not one of them seems to be heading the Uni route either, all have an independent / entrepreneurial spirit and have found ways to be themselves and use what they have without staying confined to the system).... my goodness, what a rant that could turn out to be...

... so I came to blog.. the word 'cold' and this was my main thought.. who would expect to be indoors in mid July wearing three layers...



Luckily I prefer winter clothes anyway and usually just lose a layer in summer but this year was going to be my maxi-dress year and it has not happened yet.. oh yes, one day or was it two in May!!  Reminds me of a layout I did two years ago...'Summer was a day in May this year!' and that was 2010!!

6 comments:

  1. Well KathiJo if it can make you feel better, it's 3 layers here too. Cold and wet, that's the worse for old bones, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty layouts.

    It's three layers and looking longily at the fire here! I'm washing and ironing all of the summer clothes ready to pack- and wondering whether I need to wear about 6 jumpers on the train instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post Kathi. Oh don't get me started on the school system, I can already feel myself breathing quickly at just the very thought of it. Suffice to say that I truly believe my lovely little Louis who is as sweet as the day is long but not overwhelmed academically, (shall we say ;)) would be far better off going out to work now at 11 than suffering the rubbish that goes on at secondary school. Maybe one day a week at school with one hour maths, one hour english, one hour art/technology, one hour PE. Then out to work with pay increasing as they achieve actual production.....Oh look I did get started!!!

    I love the cups that the ice drinks come in, very cool.

    Well done JB for relieving you of task, Col will love that and you get to take the cute one out for ice drinks :)

    I love the layout, it is gorgeous, I especially like the lettering. Such sweet photos and you have showcased them so well :)

    Sun is out here but the weather people assure me it will be pouring down before long and for the rest of the day. I am sure it is saving itself for my holiday. My holiday is heading east (going foreign then) to Chessington for a couple of days then to catch up with family and friends in the portsmouth area, then home. But I did think that when I go part-time we would have a trip down your way, so probably the second half of august. Are you around then? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Kathi!
    Such sweet photos! Ice cream is a great idea!
    /Beautiful figure you! /
    Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely summery day layout, we might see some summer this year- you never know. I like the look of the blue ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really agree with you about the school system (and I used to be a primary teacher). none of my children or grandchildren enjoyed secondary school and were glad to get out of the system.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)