Tuesday 3 April 2012

365/94 Teeny weeny... thoughts of Rob xx

I was thinking I'd be stumped for a picture or story for this prompt, but Lilly was over for the day and I asked her how much she loved me... she reached behind her back and touched her hands together and then brought them round..'this much' she said.

Then Kate was here with her b/f Liam and I asked Lilly if she thought Kate loved Liam and she pinched her finger and thumb together, almost touching... 'ahhh, teeny weeny' I suggested and she agreed!

The main subject today has to be a small tribute to our lovely dog Rob.. he's been getting old and tired of late and this weekend his legs called it a day and yesterday we took him on his last journey, a little quieter and less excited than usual, but still our calm faithful bud..but safe in the knowledge that he will be long loved and remembered..

 
 
...he was a 'P-reg' according to Simon who owned him on the farm before he came to live with us.. (he wasn't much for rounding up sheep, preferred people and to sit beside you with his head on your leg.)  So Rob came to live at ours about ten or eleven years ago and soon became part of the family.  he was such great company for Zac especially on his adventures down the field.. one night he and Joe slept out in their tree house and Rob slept under it, he was growling before Colin got within 50 yards of checking up on them... so protective.


Bathtime for Uncle Bill's visit
I had to email Zac but had kind of forewarned him, which made it a little easier.  I guess that's how it goes when you're away from home a lot, there's things you can plan to be here for and things you are going to have to hear in a letter or phone call.. big hugs and wishes we could make the world a little bit 'teeny-weeny' so I could give Zac a cuddle right now... but hey, he'll be home this month!  Yay!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about Rob, but it is better than him suffering.

    Best Wishes

    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs for you all over the loss of Rob- such a sad time. He looks a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about Rob. Dogs or not, they are family members and we love them so dearly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about Rob.xxx

    Love the teeny weeny take.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathi, how heartbreaking for you. This has bought a tears to my eyes. Whether things are for the best or not is, at the moment, only a small comfort when dealing with such loss and separation. Thinking of you.x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)