Sunday 22 April 2012

365/112 Precious.

I knew I would ponder this prompt as soon as I saw the word. Last year I did a layout challenge with our group and we had to choose 5 items you would have to 'take away with you' if you left your life... hard call and most people chose practical things like technology which would allow you to take your memories as digital photos etc. I took the humourous route and chose things like tweezers and clean undies!

 

Anyway, I digress (as ever) but this is probably the one thing I regard as truly precious and is always with me and I would feel huge loss if I lost it. 

It is my Mum's wedding ring which I have worn since she married my step-dad in 1973.  She had worn it from 1946 til then, I think the only time she took it off was when she had an op, before the days when they put a plaster over it.

It is still a perfect circle and has no hallmark as it was made post-war and only has 22ct stamped inside, though I wonder if it is actually 9ct as it has been so hard and never got mishapen over the years. 

I wear it on my right hand and used to wear an eternity ring of Mums but it broke and used to catch in things, so I modernised it a bit with two silver rings with stones, I love hiding it between them, like a secret I always have with me, reminding me who I am and where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)