Tuesday 24 April 2012

365/115 Tower.

I imagined I would find this prompt tricky, but luckily I had few hours out of here today and on the way home I was stick in a queue of traffic in Camborne, near the new housing development beside the train station... and there it was..towering above me!


I met up with Karen (memycameraeye) and we chewed all the fat we could think of over a couple of drinks at the County Arms in Truro.  It was nice to step off the usual treadmill and make the time to catch up..

It's a strange place, the guy behind the bar didn't want to sell me a coffee, despite the lovely coffee machine alongside, he kept suggesting I should have a J2O instead... but I stuck it out and got the coffee.. then we almost managed to order some desserts in lieu of the cake we fancied.  I asked the same guy if we could have some pecan pie and treacle tart, but he said that he'd thrown the last of the pecan pie out that morning, and asked where we saw it available so I pointed out the dessert board propped against the bar...'You're really selling it to us' I said as he set off to find the aforementioned board.. not to return and to be honest, we had decided that we would be best advised to give the desserts a miss ( not least of all since Karen has openly planned to eat less etc etc!!)  :-) xx

5 comments:

  1. Looking at your sky, you seem to have a bad weather too.
    What an awful guy in this place ! It happens to me sometimes with the coffee story. I love driking a hot coffee but many bars believe it's not expensive enough so they all have their machine that suddenly broke down, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh some good old fashioned english bad service. There is nothing quite like it for leaving you amused and irritated in equal measures :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sometimes have the same response when asking for a hot drink- it's as if they've never heard of coffee, even worse a cup of tea for my mum and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to catch up and thanks for keeping me off the desert. He was an odd character to say the least!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great story, shame people can't be more gracious! Love that bad weather photo though.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)