Wednesday 25 April 2012

365/116 Powerful.

Again I imagined I might find this one a problem, but then I had to go along the Prom in Penzance on the way to getting a haircut. The stormy weather wasn't too apparent apart from the remnants in the sea, a grey brown with a really heavy swell, the spray was full of water even though it was really white.

There's nothing quite like the powerof the sea for me, I grew up within 150 yards of the cove and living about 5 miles from it now feels 'too far east'! so it's always great to be close to it and feel at home..


Travelling back from Newlyn about 7pm I realised why it looked so heavy, the tide was as high as I've seen it and the waves were crashing against the promenade...lazy me though, I took this from the car on the opposite side of the road..


6 comments:

  1. Wow- that's some swell. I would absolutely love to live near the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers, that is a big one! Sensible to take it from the car :)

    That is why I could never live away from it, it's magic whatever the weather and it isn't often that i'm not blown away by it's power and underlying menace. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love living here by the sea.....but some devastating news from home has made me want to go back. You are so lucky to have been born, raised and still call this lovely place home x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful. I was also raised by the sea. Nothing more amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. The power of nature is unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)