Sunday 22 April 2012

365/113 Symbolic.

Perhaps a little predictable to choose my wedding ring, but it is a little unconventional and that in itself symbolises some elements of our early days!  I was still married (to the person we refer to as 'the worst husband I ever had'.. that makes us smile as it implies Col is my best.. but that there could always be more as worst and best are a choice of two.... we laugh!) and as I was with Col but having two young children I wanted some kind of ring to wear.

Col was never a big fan of bling and stones which catch in everything, he probably had several more babies planned for me and lots of house making(!) so this is what he bought.

It is one ring with two grooves which make it look a bit like a puzzle ring, then with 9 small diamonds... suited what I wanted perfectly...it was not quite a traditional engagement by any means and looked like a wedding ring if anyone wanted to think about it (yeah, people were kinda bothered in those days..!)

About six months later we got married, in what I not so kindly refer to as the third filing cabinet on the left, what was then Penzance Register Office.. lucky it was a weekday as on a saturday in those days we may have been lucky enough to be married in the court room where I used to sit in and watch probation clients sentenced for their troubles!  BUT.. we went to the Minack for photos and the day was just great..

.. 20 years ago tomorrow.. so I had to choose the ring today really didn't I?
(and isn't it cool laying on a bed of... err.. kitchen roll!)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely story KathiJo.
    20 years tomorrow, that's is so fantastic ! Happy anniversary to you both. We just passed our 10th, so we still have a long way to go !!! As we all got married in Penzance, may be it is a luck bringer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question, we wanted to get married in a nice and picturesque place. In Penzance there is the Mount St Michael, that looks very much like the French Mont St Michel. Also we saw pictures of Penzance city and we were amazed how beautiful it was, so we settled to be married there. The car driver and the photographer were our witnesses and we celebrated at the hotel with the other guests. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, let me get this straight - you got married for the second time, on 23rd April? Me too!! How weird is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what a great story, thank you for sharing it, I love it when a prompt comes together :)

    Penzance, especially when Jethro pronounces it pezance is beautiful and a great place to hitch up.

    Many, many congratulations on your anniversary and the more I hear about that Col of yours the more I am convinced that you have a good 'un. But you don't need me to tell you that eh?

    Happy Anniversary, Love Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)