Sunday 15 April 2012

365/105 Coiled

Well now you will know why I am inspired again, we went to Newlyn for our first 'Jelbert's' of the year.. a clotted cream ice cream (only vanilla) with a big dollop of extra cream on top. I always have a cornet and play an unspoken (well almost!) game of seeing if I can eat the ice cream to the cornet and still have some clotted left!  Crazy woman, yes I know.

We always wander across to the old railings and eat them, today it was just us two, but we recalled the many times we have had a Jelberts there with Col's Mum and also her brother Uncle Bill.. probably every time he has ever visited, it's a kind of 'have to do' thing.

(awhhh, our last family trip, at the very spot..taken by U Bill in Sept 2011)


Today we fought the chilly wind and walked up the old pier at Newlyn. I marvelled at how little it had changed since I was a kid and acknowledged to my dear progressive Colin that he would be lamenting the same fact; that it had not changed, had not been tidied or improved..(sometimes it's good to understand each others differences!).. but some great photos, again of the chaos that is an old harbour with abandoned boats alongside..

1 comment:

  1. Glad Pop's was paying attention to the camera man ;). Where is the old pier in Newlyn? Love the memories as always. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)