Friday 18 May 2012

365/139 Flower

At Christmas 2010 I was given an orchid which flowered pretty much all year, about ten months in all.  They don't seem to need much looking after, the minimum of watering and TLC which suits me fine. It sat in the kitchen window and I only put it upstairs when all that was left was the stems.

I also got a apink orchid when our Lyla was born and that too flowered all summer with the minimum of fuss and was laid low over the winter.

The two of them are back in bloom, so intricate and in nature probably perfectly formed for its attraction qualities to some insect or another.

Pops bought me some daffodils and they shouldn't go unmentioned..

 


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous orchids. I can't get any to grow. They keep on dying. I am amazed when you say they don't need much looking after. May be I look too much after them, then. lol ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum reckons she's bad with orchids- she managed to kill a friends one whilst she was on holiday!

    I think your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, our orchid is so easy to look after and both yours look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had an orchid so have never tried growing them, YOURS LOOK VERY HEALTHY! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, my colleagues gave me a beauty last year when I left one store for another and it was treasured, I still managed to nearly kill it off. Have put it downstairs where Mum (who is the green-fingered one) can see to it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)