Tuesday 8 May 2012

365/129 Prickly.

Mmmmm, I don't think we have any cacti in our house, and prickly is more a feeling or state of mind for me. There's generally between five and nine people living in our house at any one time and mostly things go along pretty well, the odd bristle (another prickly word), plenty of banter but no major league rows.
I feel a bit of a fraud when it comes to blogging some days as I generally try to keep it upbeat and newsy, but rarely moan or groan.. yes, a small smattering of sadness and nostalgia at times, but rarely full on rants and angry stuff..mainly because after the event it's nice to review good times but kind of cringe worthy to revisit bad mood days.. and anyway, the person I may be cross with may unwittingly not even know I was peeved...

...that reminds me of when I was first with Col and raising a young family I would sometimes get what we in Cornwall call 'teasy' about something, but he was (and is) so non-argumentative that I would have the debate with him in my head, and play his role as well..then by the time he got home I had rationalised it, heard both sides of the imaginary argument and it had blown over....and an embarassed face at being cross about nothing was averted..!!

If you are still with me here.. (any you are true blogger pals if you are) please tell me at this point that I was not alone, it was part and parcel of having a houseful of children under eight and feeling hard done to at times! 

..so it came to pass that I discovered I have a default face, one which has been caught on camera and I plead the case that I am just being pensive, thinking about something away from the moment... but to the innocent bystander apparently it looks pretty 'prickly'..

how I scrapped it!

mmm, definitley prickly!


 

I'll see if I can find a pic and you guys can judge for me!!












.. and to update.. Stewart Lee was brilliant  in Plymouth last night.... the non-funny comedy star is quite an acquired taste but I laughed til my face hurt.. he was also at the next table when we went to eat before the show, but we were very well behaved and treated him just like any other stranger eating out!!

5 comments:

  1. I loved your post today. It's true you are always talking positive.
    Sometimes I moan and groan for 2 so you re-establish the balance in the 365+1 bloggers world, lol ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that 'default' face lol. Dread to think what you did to this Stewart guy if you treated him like any other stranger eating out. ;) he he!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaahhaaa haaaa - a default face - nice one. Think I must have a thunderous one for the amount of times Oliver asks me if I am angry only for me to reply incredulously - noooo!! why? 'because you look it' is his stock reply. Like your thinking with the two sided debate in your head. You are obvs better at it than me though, as I end up winding myself up further resulting in an even greater, disproportionate temper outburst than before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that one, I have just had a default face with DH this morning, I seem to be more prickly as I get older and less tolerant. Sadly the opposite of what I use to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, a default face to be aware of, to me you look as if someone should be paying attention to you :D

    Positive is good, healthy and the right thing to be, if you don't look forward, on the bright side, cheerful even when you don't always feel it it just pays forward, if you are which I sense you are, well, it just pays forward.

    Good on you Kath :D

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)