Saturday 12 May 2012

365/133 Self-portrait

I thought I'd struggle here and end up offering one of those teen 'at arm's length' type phone-cam shots, but then I thought of this page..


...as it turns out the pictures were taken during the fishing trip mentioned below during Ken & Jean's Golden wedding weekend..but the 'pieces of me' page is all my own work, for me, about me..

Looking at it now I can see that although the sentiments reflect a time in my life where I was adjusting to being an elder in the family, taking responsibility for both the older and the youngest members of the family, things were changing and I am much more settled and content and understand now what it's all about.. just a shame you have to cry a lot before it all makes sense and you can accept it!

.. thanks to Linda at Just Scrapbooking, it was a lovely page to do.. I should retake the picture as it is pretty poor quality but hope you get the drift!

P.S. have a look at the next blog entry for an up to date scrap self portrait from last year!

6 comments:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)