Saturday 5 May 2012

365/125 Smooth.

Well I am going to start with an apology in case I bore you all silly today.. currently I don't even have a picture, but the word is taken care of in my head.  Some of you may know that we manufacture industrial equipment,with quite a bit of it having stainless steel parts, which take quite a bit of finishing, whether its wire brushing, polishing, bead blasting or eventually baby-oiling to stop the fingermarks. (hint here for you guys with finger marked stainless kitchen cooker etc!)
..just as it arrived!

So, SMOOTH is the finish we're looking for and recently Colin has bought some nice new machinery which should help improve the process, stop the guys spending hours and hours after the welding is done.. we now have a vibro- polisher unit which is a bit like a big washing machine which you put stainless parts in with lots of abrasive pebbles which over an few hours polished the stainless til it's just right.

Next week we also get an aqua-blast unit so then maybe the boy's toys will be complete for a while.. and the little hint I have is then maybe I can get my 15 year extension done..!

.....mmmm, now what about 'rough'...

3 comments:

  1. Actually that's very interesting KathyJo. Great take !

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed for your extension

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like an interesting machine!

    I do hope that the extension plans get moving for you soon. My dad used to be a builder- and his 'extension' probably took a similar amount of time to be finished!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)