Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snow Messin' folks!

Well we woke to a white world (well in our yard anyway) on Monday and with more snowfall through the morning it was definitely here to stay!  The coldest November in 100 years, well apart from 1996 they say (what's that ...ah, so what you really mean is the coldest in 15 years then!)

And stay it has, at our place and all points away from the coast. Yards are slippy and pipes are frozen, but on the plus side it gives us an excuse when we have to accounted for delays with production and gives the girls some duvet days to get over the coughs and colds!  One question.. how can your school text you to say a concert is cancelled yet not be able to let you know the times school is open?

Tomorrow, all being well Col & I are in Plymouth seeing Frankie Boyle, my birthday pressie from Lisa & co.. hoping we won't get stranded. I had hoped to stay over and start the Christmas shopping but paperwork mountains have been created this week and office world calls!  I lost all my email inbox the other day and was quite revitalised to start afresh and be on top of it so to speak.. and this week with a new month and lots of new things happening I feel a bit the same, more in control and with a bit of a mission.

Still it's not JB's birthday yet and that's my traditional day for starting the festive shopping binge!  (Feeling a tad sad for her though as it is the big 16th and she has already had her camera and some other stuff she has wanted so 'the day' may rely on the rest of the crowd to do her present pile justice) 

We have a meal out on Friday and then who knows we may hit Truro on Sunday after all (though the Met Office promises heavy rain and an end to snow and ice I think??)... you know, after ten days at the Equator and then home to snow and sun you realise exactly why the Brits are so so obsessed with weather!

Last night I completed my Calendar Girl layout for our Just Scrapbooking challenge and tonight Ross and his mate Mikey kindly let JB take some photos in case we need to fill in a month of two of the calendar!! Here's a little preliminary...don't they look chilly!!

Merry Christmas Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)