Wednesday 8 December 2010

Job done!

.. there's nothing quite like the feeling of pleasure when things go right for your kids...and today was one of those days.

JB and I had successful dental check ups and were doing a smidgeon of Christmas shopping when Ross called me to tease me with a '...sorry....' followed by a pause, and my brain shouting ...'yes???' and he continued '...sorry, I'm going to need a fresh wardrobe of clothes from January!' 

He's landed a Learning assistant post at a local Secondary school, a great next step for him, to get into a school after working so long and enthusiastically(most of the time) in an after-school provision. I was really made up for him, he was so well prepped, learnt all about the school, its policies etc and he really deserved this break..so we ran and bought him a card and surprised him at his work with it. Needless to say he arrived late (so many people to text and call with his news!), and it was just lovely to know he's on the next step to working in a school situation.

Work continues to be really busy, seems that everyone wants to spend budget by the end of the year.. and who am I to deny them that pleasure. I only hope that the family bear with me whilst I am up to my eyes in accounting etc and not (so far) very well ahead with my Christmas shopping!  Kate is real poorly, no skyving this time, hot and cold, laid out on the sofa and no laptop in sight so she must be feeling grim! 

And poor Col is stuck in North Wales working on a unit, all kinds of technical grief today. So much so he is back there tomorrow and luckily I found accomodation 3 miles away for him. A long drive back tomorrow, but hopefully no snow to hold him up.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Ross, about time some male blood was returned to the education system, the boys need a role model.x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)