Friday 31 January 2014

Winter Views : favourite clothes

Well I live and die in thick black leggings in the winter, I really didn't want it to happen as it is a very comfy but not always flattering option (Cue sketches of Little Britain's nobut-yesbut character whose name eludes me..)

..so the golden rule is to cover the rear and always wear them leggings as if they are thick tights..ala tunic dress or long jumper ..plus Boots! I Love Boots .. I think I have three pairs but would love 7 or 8 pairs really!   I go straight from boots to flipflops in the spring summer with barely a nod to sandals or proper shoes..generally as they involve getting legs out and the tanning / prep is just too high maintenance!  Why does your skin in odd parts of your body give your age away so badly!

Today I have the ubiquitous black basics but avoided red for once ..detouring to a dark purple cardi which I prefer to a coat whenever possible .. and a lovely scarf in a crazy scribbley type yarn which Lilley chose for my birthday ..Lisa and I both thought it was odd when she chose it but I wore it and love it so much I got a Red one too!

So that's me..winter theme reads 'black and boots!'

7 comments:

  1. They are great boots and you look good in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are thin and long legs and look good. I brought home leggings a few years ago with a long top and when I tried them on Peter said...." I looked like an elderly gnome" I felt sad as I felt good and really comfortable too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh you should just sneak them in, like as if they were thick tights and wear a dress on top..xx

      Delete
  3. You wear it all very well. I cannot even attempt to wear outfits like that anymore. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a million miles away from becoming Vikki Pollard!!
    Nice winter clothing combo you got going there - I bought a pair of boots (Mes boots in tan from Fly London) last Sept, and they are practically all I wear - loves em.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's her name.. Vicki Pollard!
      Only trouble is my casual and smart have morphed into one another so its hard to think of what I can wear for tidy without thinking I am trussed up!

      Delete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)