Tuesday 18 February 2014

Window : View

I used to live in the road into Mousehole as a teenager and loved that we could watch the world go by from our bungalow raised up beside the road.

You would see cars below but expecially nice was seeing boats thing and frying from Newlyn. In bad weather the Penlee Lifeboat would launch from about 200 yards away on the slipway and for some years my step-father and later my brother were on the crew. Mum and I never worried as they were much experienced local fishermen who knew what they were doing and where they were going even in shallow inland water.

I am a day late posting this view through a window but it reminds me of that view from my teen years ... .It is taken from my hairdresser's window and looks down on Newlyn Bridge and the life that comes and goes ... not so much this week as it is half term..

4 comments:

  1. This hair salon has a magnificent view! Nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice view. We may have better weather but you have better views! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great view from this hairdresser's window x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)