Tuesday 4 September 2012

365/248 Twisted.

Well the day has been a little twisted, out of the normal.. I woke about 4.15 as I promised to alarm call Colin so he would be in time for meeting Zac's flight, but he text me before the alarm to say he was up and about and I managed to sleep a little more after.

 I love to do chores ahead of a special event, kind of nest tidying, kind of liking the idea of knowing things are sorted whilst we take it easier for a few days and enjoy all being together...so Kate did the bathroom, JB upstairs and me the fridges and a 'big shop', luckily our accounts lady was in and the phones still quietish as some customers still holidaying.

Funny, the big shop.. for weeks now I have been buying less, now everyone has stopped working evenings and Zac is back so cooking for six will be about right for a while!! Ross is working at a local school so I think I'll try and organise a couple evenings a week where the kids cook, not a huge deal, just not a chore for me!

So.... we are here waiting for Zac and Col to get in..as we have been almost all day! They detoured to visit a customer in Bristol and then set about finding Zac a car, essential for his next couple of terms at maritime college.. and great to have sorted it today, instead of trying to find something from here and the car being up the line somewhere.... as for me, I was happy to be home, playing banker and getting some insurance organised by the nice guy at 'Elephant' via comparethemarket.com ,so I will get a meerkat!! 

Not sure how Zac has managed to stay awake, he left Sydney 7am monday UK time and hasn't had a decent sleep since Sunday, but I guess that 4-hour watches twice a day kind of sets you up for being ale to sleep on a clothes line!  he says its odd to sleep at home now as it is so so quiet, no humm of the ventiation system or pitch of the ship...a bit like they say about coming off Intensive Care machinery which has become comforting I guess.. random thought there!!

Todays picture is of our lamp beside the sofa.. kind of twisted.. sisters!

7 comments:

  1. I guess we will have so many pictures of Zac tomorrow. Oh and it's his birthday isn't it ? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful he is home x enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely few days at home with them all together, especially seeing Zac, that has gone quickly though at the time I guess it didn't feel like that!
    Happy Birthday to Zac today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful lamp. Very pleasant on the eyes. Great shot!
    Happy Birthday to Zac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. coming off intensive care machinery?????!!!!! I find this kind of thinking a little disturbing in you!! What have you been reading lately..... Bet it feels good to have all your 'littlies' home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh sweet anticipation, and yes sleeping at sea is hard until you are used to it and then it is very, very comforting. In fact the rougher it got the better I liked it, not that it hardly did in The English Channel :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)