Saturday 23 April 2011

Time goes by..

Colin & I have been married 19 years today, amazing. And his nephew is 18 years old tomorrow.

Sometimes it seems like forever to get to the end of a week, but then suddenly years have passed and people you know are talking about retirement.  Funny old thing, time.

Everyone here is getting into doing their own thing so it's been an easy kind of day. We had our first Newlyn Ice Cream of the year. 

I remember hearing Thandi Newton talk on GMTV a couple of years ago about walking from Lamorna to Mousehole on the cliff path and finishing the day off with a 'Jelbert's' ice cream...I could never work out why they didn't have a sign in the window saying 'as advertised by Thandi Newton'

For those of you frowning, Thandi is a Penzance girl who is now the face of Olay and starred a few years ago in Mission Impossible 2.  (oh and my small claim to fame, (which I bore my kids with whenever she appears on TV) is that I babysat her once.. just for a few hours one afternoon, but I think that would definitely qualify for one of Chris Evan's tenuous links..) 

Okay, I can see even more frowning, I'd best go to bed now.. after all, it is my anniversary!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Not that there is much left of it now lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got married on the same day!! This 23rd April was our 12th Wedding anniversary. We had a really nice meal out and then finished off the evening with a characteristically pointless row about something embarrassingly stupid ha ha. Glad to see you are not as mental as we are.
    I have started a new blog, not quite so scrappy, but you are welcome to drop by!
    www.childhooduninterrupted.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, ours was a pretty simple affair, on a weekday in a grim Reg Office, but we went to the Minack Theatre for our photos and ate at a place I wanted for a reception ever since I was a little girl. Party at home later and then put two kids and ourselves to bed .. oh, the joys of a second marriage!
    Janice, so glad you're still blogging.. I'd missed you! x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)