Monday 25 April 2011

Just for the Record..

A couple of before and during pictures of our front garden. It is currently in a 'during'state as we have dug out some of the grass to make a bigger eating & sitting area.. always popular with us.. eating and sitting!

This is how it looked about three years ago, at its peak I'd say. all spruced up before a big family gathering; the result of several days intensive tidying on the part of the menfolk!

And here's how it looks today.. a lot less green but not actually as bad as it feels.. you just have to imagine the digger scars in the grass and large areas of gravel!  But as they say 'a work in progress..'

For my sins I have taken ownership of the flower beds and it's not a bad job at the minute, no weeds, just planting and everything at waist height: the idea is I take a cup of tea out there every few days and give it the once over with my weeding fingers!

So far I have planted a few hydrangeas & fuschias so they can spread and take care of most of the space and also some primroses / polyanthus which are one of my favourite flowers, so hardy and always appearing with the promise of spring.  Admittedly they won't look much right now but once rested they should come back to welcome Spring 2012!  I think next stop will be the plant stalls for some lobelia and those untidy freinds of theirs, just to edge the area and make it look like I'm some kind of great gardener... mind you the lovely wall topped with slates must be credited to Ross and Pops, my resident builders!

 You'll notice the very fetching oil tanks  in the background, well they're gong to be fenced off and the woody planks mark the spot where Ross is planning to set up his 'cabin' as the summer progresses.  Did I hear someone say'Swiss Family Jones'? x

2 comments:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)