Saturday 1 January 2011

A good start!

Happy New Year!.. and always in that high emotion American accent with the accent on 'New', isn't it!

I've had a nice day, slept in a good while (well for slept in read 'laid in bed, eyes shut, listening to TV, resting body' until at last I couldn't listen to the 'Last Flight of the Concorde' any longer!) Got up, had copious cups of tea and coffee and ordered a few things off the Sizzix Sale, nice rub-ons and a few embossing folders.

Mid afternoon we went and took the babe down the river walk to feed the ducks. It was a real blast from the past with her swinging between me and Colin, just the way her Mum had done about 20 years ago. We laughed about it and agreed we've really done okay.

I'm not sure why I chose to go feed the ducks, especially with my fear of birds; maybe it just seemed less of a messy option than the beach. Well, the ducks it was, and my, how they have grown. I think maybe they're the same ducks from when Kate was young, all I know is they are the size of small dogs! I survived though, my instinct to keep Lilly safe was greater than my urge to run! Colin said it all added to the entertainment value of the trip!

 
We came home, it got dark so early, and had easy tea..Lilly and I cut up the Pandoro cake we've all wanted to break into since Christmas Eve, and sprinkled it with icing sugar. It certainly looked like the one on the box, but tasted rather lighter and drier than expected, it would definitely be done justice with raspberries or strawberries and custard or ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)