Saturday 8 January 2011

Loving my...

.. new car! I'm never too enthusiastic at the prospect of getting a new car but the excitement rose as we looked at them and the fact that I just didn't want a silver car started to grow into an enthusiasm for the one we finally chose.  We waited almost a week to get it, you know how the garage likes to titivate it and everything, so you can make it messy real quick... but it arrived on Thursday and even then I didn't drive it til Friday evening really.. not sure why, I just hate gloating and stuff about new things, and I think also I put off that moment, just to savour the anticipation a little longer.. but boy, now I love it.

Not feeling every bump, having wipers which work and a heating system which heats up without waiting on the engine ... I reckon this tells more about the car we've left behind than the new one!

Works been real busy this week, but I'm very excited as we seem to have turned a corner and we're seeing the results of tipping all the effort in the top and now the jobs seem to be trickling out the bottom of the funnel with satisfying regularity! Mind you Col is earning his keep next week with a trip to Newcastle via N Wales and home via Great Yarmouth, Google tells me it's going to be about 28 hours driving, as well as the customer calls each day.

My scrapbbok friend Yvonne called by Thursday and it was great to catch up with her, we may even do a long day session with Linda in March, which might get my 2011 scrap project under way. And I started sorting my scrap room (again) last night, but each time I end up just poring over old cards, bits of ribbon and creating a bin bag full of rubbish... but thanks to Col I am the proud owner today of a bunch of plastic boxes so perhaps I can create some chaos of the room eventually.

Jordan came shopping this afternoon, relaxed and talked all afternoon, even enjoyed reminiscing it all again and hour later to Zac & Col who sat bemused at all our purchasing and the things we'd seen and found funny.  Maybe most of the things were 'you had to be there moments'.. but we were there and it was funny!  Mind you this coaster was one of my favourites, and hey, we all know someone who had a lucky escape don't we?

2 comments:

  1. Don't we get to know what you got and see a picture then?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pictures taken yet, don't even know where my camera is! It's a Mazda 3, stormy blue.. haha, they say it matches my temperament maybe? No, seriously it's just nice to have something more comfy and less bits you'd like to change! Back to school yet.. how was it?

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)