Monday 24 January 2011

'Flat as an omlette' setting..

I am currently reading Dawn French's novel 'A Tiny Bit Marvellous' featuring dialogue from 3 corners of a somewhat dysfunctional (or is that normal 21st century) family: a 50yr old chld psychologist, her Katherine Tate-like 18 year old daughter and her Oscar Wilde-like 16 year old son.  It's very easy to enjoy and quite amusing when you find her describing situations and thoughts you imagined were unique to your own head, then you realise it could be the cries of pre-menoapausal women almost anywhere, in this era and many long gone I should imagine!

Well a couple of weeks ago I got confirmation of my post-50 year old status as the envelope landed on our doormat inviting me for my first breast screening appointment. Interestingly I was invited, rather than summoned, but why anyone would refuse this kind offer I cannot imagine.  Generally these days we hear that we will have to beg, borrow and steal a freeby  from the NHS but here it was, up for grabs! And grabs appeared to be the operative word...

Dawn French made me slightly nervous as she related the choices of setting the nurse would have this afternoon.. well I am glad to say she didn't opt for 'flat as a crepe' and chose the 'flat as an omlette' setting and lucky for me it was about 3 eggs on fluffy setting she chose too.  Not a bad experience at all and hopefully I won't be revisiting this blog entry in a few weeks wondering how I was so laid back....

(Sparing a little thought for you Yvonne as I'm sure you've had your share of 'flat as anything less flat than a boob' type settings! Love to you x)

1 comment:

  1. bless, glad you are taking advantage of the screening. And on the bright side I will never ever have to have on again Yipee xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)