Saturday 24 November 2012

365/326-9 Crowd-paint-gloomy-sad.

Major league catch up.. again! I'm not quite sure what happened to the week but I'm sure it will come back to me as I write. Ahhh yes, Wednesday & Thursday I did the fetching from preschool, it's such a joy to see Lilly's face when she sees me, just like our kids were when Col's Mum went for them!


I was on standby to go to see The big 'S' (shhhh) and his reindeer at Truro Christmas shopping but didn't have to go, I was pretty busy so not too sad to avoid the crowds! Jb and Dom went and saw the girls there so Dom has promised me a pic of the crowds, hopefully some of Lilly too!



Thursday was horrible, gloomy with so much rain and even worse today..
Thursday evening was Jordan's open evening at college so I went with Lilly and Col's dad so she cold grab some studio time for her 'Portrait' project.. haven't seen the results yet but it was a nice 'different' thing to do.  Lilly was great and so funny, she was drawing a chapatti which she had been eating at school earlier.  Then she gave the picture to Jordan's graphics teacher for his display, so now it has pride of place with all the a level kids art work.. awwhh.


Paint.. mmm, I like metallic paint and on these fish on my wall.

It was just nice last night to go out in the dry to St Ives for our works 'do'.  I wore my new red dress and was very happy with it.. almost long sleeved a a kind of skater dress style.. one of my Polish guys said I looked like a Christmas present.. I liked that! It's what comes of wearing black all the time!
Crazy guy x

 

I was a sad control freak today, I have asked everyone to help me get ahead for the run up to Christmas. Kate was on the case and cleaned the bathroom and on slow-but-sure-pace I cleaned, tidied and sorted all my kitchen cupboards and drawers, so at least now I know what I have in store and I know the corners have been cleaned before the onslaught. 

 It may feel like a sad way to get the Christmas spirit but I like to tidy before I start decorating!


4 comments:

  1. Well done on getting tidying and organising and good to see you with a catch up. Pleased you have got helpers with the 'getting ready for Christmas' jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agrre you can't put decs up without a good clean first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have been chipping away at the cleaning of the nooks and cranny's and Mum assures me she has a good grip on what we have. We have also stocked up on baking store cupboard goodies...I am thinking a bit of exercise to offset it is going to be a good idea for the next few weeks.

    I love the photos of the lights in Truro, one of my friends on my social group who lives in Cornwall showed them last year, they do a great job! Our switch on on wednesday, it 'kicks off' the season brilliantly.

    Now, why don't we have a photo of the red dress Mrs Jones? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the cleaning up, I didn't start yet. Ditto with Jen, where is the photo of the little red dress ? xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)