Thursday 8 November 2012

365/313 Domestic

Ahhh I wondered if something would happen which would fit this prompt.... and as I was starting to make some tea with Ross (JB had lit the fire, so we were on real division of labour here!).... April started to do the ironing.. what a star!   The other day she was doing some and I was showing her how my mum had taught me (and then Ross when he went to ATC for a while) how to iron a nice shirt.. it was painful for me, I just wanted to get in there and do every one..

.. but today I was busy making tea and now I am blogging and I have beaten one of my main control-freakery things.. and handed on the ironing!   She has just told me she thinks it is quite therapeutic so I'm happy to help her with that!!

I have a domestic!!

Anyway, it's no big deal, everything is worn again and in two or three days it's in the wash again!

7 comments:

  1. oh can I send my ironing round for April?? please? no, oh well it was worth a try and well done for stepping back, hard to do sometimes but something I would find easy with the ironing chore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, the division of labour.
    Our children started ironing their own clothes when they started high school as there would have been piles for me to do with 4 of them at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I wish I could have managed this with one of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done April (I have completely missed who she is and how she is related to you Kathi-sorry)!

    Labour is good for children, it is not so good for parents...it takes forever for them to do anything and has to be done 3 times before it is right. I am determined they will go out into the world self-sufficient but they might be 30 before that happens. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops! April is our Ross' girlfriend, she has been at Uni in Plymouth. She is probably going to teach art eventually but she lives here most of the week and they seem really good for each other.. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, April and how sweet of her to help !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post - congratulations for April!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)