Saturday 17 November 2012

365/321-2 Fence-books

Well I thought it was going to be a random fence picture which I took today, a day late and then the evening happened and I got some great 'real' shots.

It's been a whistle stop time the last day or two. Zac was due home yesterday teatime and I really enjoyed making sure the fridges were full! It was not so much about spoiling him, but knowing that we would all be about and that there should be lots of niceness in the food stakes!


I get a lot of ribbing about having everyone round when Zac is home, he takes it better than me!  Tom was teasing us that there is some big event going on, maybe some celebrities are being helicoptered in...so I teased him back that he is so humble he doesn't realise the party is for him.. hahah, Tom said 'humble' is never a term he has been called.. he is very humorous, a sarcastic cynical humour but always amusing! 

Mind you it's not as much ribbing as Ross got when he was holding Lyla.. and April had the bottle of cider..


I think Ross is a little broody!

Col's dad got home this evening from his two weeks trip to see friends and relatives in Liverpool (they hail from there originally, planned to retire to Cornwall when the boys left home and Col said 'Don't wait, I'll come too..' The rest as they say is (our family) history! )

Sooo.. yesterday.. shopping, office work (and there is plenty of that, everyone wants to order before Christmas.. why? It's handling equipment for goodness sake, hardly on anyone's Santa list!) .. and I fetched Lilly from PreSchool. She came home and we had some nice time making people out of fruit and veg, then Lisa and Ross were both here when Zac arrived. Quite unusual to have my three big kids home together, kinda nice.

Yesterday evening Col was loving it, watching TV with the boys and catching up, suddenly for once the male/ female balance was in his favour!  Today I have hung out with Kate this morning, all things girlie, nails and hair for her and shopping for me!  I picked up some stuff for the little 'uns for Christmas, wow they are so easy to buy for... Magic painting and stickers! Last year Lilly said her best thing was 'bath bombs'!! I have to consult Zac for the techi stuff everyone grown up wants!

This evening we finally .. and when I say finally, I mean Finally set fire the a bonfire which has been growing in Pops' field since Christmas 2009! It had pallets, trees and shelving on it, it took a while to get going but it was nice to have the family around and make a small evening of it. Veg curry went down well and everyone had time together.  Now it's blog time and F1 in the 'boys / sitting room'!

Here's Lilly and the girls outside.. good job there was a fence there for Col to be more relaxed from a H&S point of view!

Brazier to keep us warm


Fence!!






Books!















And for other news : Lyla showed us how she can peel a satsuma ... and poor Jb had trouble getting Lemon to set for her trial run of Lemon Meringue Pie.. oh well, there's always tomorrow!
Ahhh, and some of the books above my kitchen PC.. an odd mix!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, you are always so energised by your family-fantastic photos of it all and what a nice thing to have a bonfire. I was always intrigued and a bit in awe of Mum and Dad having a bonfire.

    My favourite Christmas when the kids were little was when Lauren was 8, Louis was 6 and Ali was 2, the tree was absolutely drowning in pressies, you could wrap anything and they were over the moon. It was all so cheap and cheerful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what a nice time you had and it's even not Christmas yet. Really nice to see you so happy and excited ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great time together and lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your posts about family- you sound like such a lovely group of people!

    My fave cookery book is there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh, them lovely family times - bet your family even like each other! ha ha. Warming the cockles of heart again with this post Kathi - long may the warmth and happiness enjoyed by you and yours continue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathi I am finally getting to grips with your 5 kids LOL!!

    Love seeing photos of them all xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)