Tuesday 13 November 2012

365/317-8 Refreshing-thoughtful















Monday was crazy as usual at Lisa's so I collected Lilly from school.  i just adore picking her up and seeing her so pleased to see me.  We bought some goodies and came back home here and she had boiled egg and soldiers, here with Jordan (who rather untrue to form said she would have one too!)

When I dropped her back and came home Jordan had started tea, lovely stir-fry and salmon.. good girl!  We had been good, on salad and stuff all day so I had a refreshing guilt free wine and soda! 

(We won't mention at this point the two, or almost three of JB's baking I have 'tested' today..she baked fab banana muffins which would double as puddings and some with sultanas which were F-A-B.. also some gingernread cupcake which I adore..!!)  My excuse is hormones and since I didn't have a rush for chocs at the weekend I must be due for some treats of the sugary kind today!  ;-)

Today I have had Kate's pals back for tea.. not very thoughtful of me to take their photos .. but maybe I made up for it by giving Lowena this copy of Dawn French's book.. she is a huge fan and is going to a book signing on Saturday,.. she smiles for England and I think she has a look of Goldie Hawn about her.. all Private Benjamin and that.. such fun too! 















A lot of thinking and pondering will go on here in the next couple of weeks as Kate has the finals of a Teen Model competition coming up at the end of the month.. how to get there (Watford!), what to wear, what to say (and not to say) at the interviews and what if.. what if.. she gets to the last three and goes to the Clothes Show on 7 December where they choose an overall winner. 

She is nervous but excited, as am I I guess, we haven't really dabbled in this much and the opportunity would be to then use the 'being in the finals' to add to her experience when applying for model jobs next year.  It is so hard to decide which way to go with it, she is young yet we need to move it forward to see if it is feasible.

I am not big on promotion of the kids, I just want them all to be happy and doing something they enjoy, but she loves this and does take a gorgeous photo... and she is very tall and lean..so, maybe it will happen.. and hey, I can maybe spend the day Christmas shopping in watford.. yay!

PS do you like my new look blog.. well slightly modified, a little redder (as is my want) and a little wider (as is my need), but it feels more bouyant and positive for a new challenge next year, or it may change again......

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful talented family you have with Zac, JB and Kate and who else?

    Fancy you coming to Watford next month, only 1.30 by train from me but an expense I can ill afford so nr Christmas and guess you will be busy with Kate anyway!

    Like the 'new' blog look too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the others look lie, but Kate would get my vote, she is so pretty and photographs so well!
    Oh and I am so kind of brain damaged tonight that I even didn't notice the change of blog until you mentioned it. It's pretty obvious, though, lol.
    I like the wider, just as you say, it's very red. But red is red, so that's how it should look, right ? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant look like, not my night ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu do have a lovely family- and it must be a huge pleasure to pick them up from school and see their faces light up.

    When I am waiting for Emmas bus- one little girl goes to her nans every day after school with her mum and if 'nanny' opens the door before they get there she yells in delight and runs as fast as she can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, best of luck to Kate, wow, that will be really something, even if just for the experience of putting herself 'out there'.

    Jordan's cakes sound good and isn't she good getting the tea started :)

    I love the new blog being redder and love the geometrical design. Just a suggestion, if you put a space between Kathijo and the rest of the title, would it wrap onto the next line and all be on one line? It is the best blog title I think I have ever seen :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Wonderful very beautiful girls!
    Whenever I see a picture of Lily, I think that's the way you look like a child ..
    Kate? - Light shines from her!
    Yes - she is even more beautiful than Goldie Hawn!
    Heartily wish you success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post and like the new look blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)