Sunday 4 July 2010

Nice day...

.. despite it being warm drizzle pretty much all day it panned out okay...didn't do much, but what we did do was just nice...finish it off with Indian take-away and that was cool.. no roast, not much washing up..

Zac & Tom away paintballing, Col & Pops travelling north to visit some more of the Jones clan for day or two, and me hanging out at home with the girlies.. including eldest and the babe, though at almost two she's not much of a baby any more!   Such a sweetie, she is so clever (there speaks a proud Nan if ever there was one!)...she knows all her colours, lots of numbers and pleases and thankyous too! 

So often I find myself doing things just like my Mum would have... like after her bath, putting on her jammies and tucking in her top, with the bottoms pulled up to her armpits.. yes, we've all seen our Mum's do it, and I even said..'just like Great Granny would do!'
I can't believe how emotions and physical feelings can be repeated in yourself and suddenly you see exactly why or how your own mum felt.

I read a book this week.. the 'Private Lives of Pippa Lee', picked it up at Mazey Day.. turns out it is a film too. Interesting as it charts the life of a woman and she talks quite a bit about her relationship with her Mum and with her own daughter.  She thinks that every generation tries to raise their kids in a way to put right the wrongs of the previous generation, and in so doing may even do the opposite...

... not sure about that, I feel so often that I am walking in my Mum's steps (even the ones I 'bused her for being /doing in my own time)... guess we just all do the best we can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)