Sunday 11 July 2010

Birthday fortnight..

.. has come 'round again. Seems a moment away I was talking about this last year.  Ross turned 24 and his baby sister 22 today.... how different their lives are at this point, though I guess in ten years they might both be meeting up with families in tow?

We had the babe to sleep over last night, she is such a cutie, almost a birthday girl herself, two years old on Friday.  She slept all night and woke us at 7.30 shouting 'Naaaannneeee', so sweet that she realised she was still here and that it should be me who would come to her.  Lisa had her first lie in in two years, much deserved after such a stint!

We had a little baking session, Lilly decided she should taste the 'chocolate', pity it was cocoa and no sugar added..yukkky! It's a trick they have all fallen for over the years. We ended up with flour all over the floor and only then I realised that the hoover was out of order!

Had great lunch with my scrapbook mate Linda on Friday.. well lunch wasn't quite the right description, we had a coffee and a cake at 1015 and a pot of tea later, the next thing we knew it was 1.15...luckily the cafe knows her well and they didn't eject us due to lack of purchasing!
I always get a bit of jip for talking so much from most people I know, but Linda said a much nicer thing (I think?!).. she reckons that 200 years ago I'd have been one of those wise old women, living in a cave somewhere, offering words of wisdom to the young..mmmm, does this mean I am at last a mature person?.....is this what becomes of the girl who liked to know the latest news...!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha great blog Mother, this clan needs a wise ear and someone with a little knowledge from time to time....
    That coca gag is a killer :-) and still gets me.
    Ross
    xxx
    p.s family in 10 years? might be on enough by then too raise one without too many hand outs...

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)