Thursday 22 July 2010

Got there at last..

.. just not with you Linda!

Before the end of term Linda & I planned to go on my magical nostalgia tour around my childhood haunts, so I could show her all the places I drone on and on about, but weather and a kid's sickness bug put paid to it, until another fine day, when the moon and suns conspire to give us both a free day!

Anyway, Ross has an old friend here staying and she is way too nice, letting me waffle on and on about stuff from the past (I wonder sometimes if a little pre-dementia is setting in as I hear myself remeniscing completely mundane moments from a life way too ordinary!!).. she even endured a tour through my scrapbooks.. what a Hero!

Here I am, outsde my childhood home, with my 'two kids most likely to preserve the Thomas heritage'....

 







But Ross needed to have a rest from his own tour of West Cornwall haunts, most of which involve people he has worked with, or a visit to a bar or ice-cream shop, so I was more than happy to oblige..

Lamorna, Penberth, Minack (great fruit cake & coffee by the way) and St Levan church with sweetpeas for M&D..and topped off with a Jelbert's Ice Cream with clotted cream on top!
Now there's a day to remember, and I was back at work by 2pm!

Helen & Jordan took some great photos, should keep me busy scrapping for a month or two..

1 comment:

  1. I love your enthusiasm for where you live Kathi - it's so uplifting. Keep it up! x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)