Saturday 3 July 2010

Family history..

This week I finally started writing up the notes from my Mum's dad's WW1 diary. 

He was a local teacher at St. Buryan and I have kind of view of him as like the character played by Tom Hanks in Private Ryan, a little misplaced and pehaps too much of a thinker to go away to war without a heavy heart..

..I don't know a lot, but in the notes I've copied so far he has spent a year near Plymouth in training for going away to war...

''Declaration of war may have been accompanied with the ringing of bells and expressions of hilarity but deep in the hearts of thousands there was the greatest anxiety.'' August 1914

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)