Monday 5 July 2010

If I was a child..

.. they would say I am unteachable, that I never learn!

You may remember my last sortie with asking the family what they think of a new dress?
Time passes and I forget, and this evening, with there being a lack of grown men to feed and cater for in the house, I thought I'd treat myself to a long bath and a film...and that I did.

When I came back downstairs I put on my new maxi dress... partly to get used to wearing it, (as yes, it does feel a little nightdress-ish but hey it is the night), and partly to gauge reaction.
After several twirls around the sitting room, with kids peering around me to see the TV..I made the fatal error of asking opinions...
Kate 13 looked at me a lot, said she doesn't really get them, but told me to please myself, but don't go out in it!  Ross 23, asked what it was and maybe I could wear it out if I wore a bra (it's like grecian style, who needs a bra in Greece?) so I asked him if I should wear knickers too... to which he replied...urghh Mum!!!
Zac came in, so before he said anything, I said, okay I'll let my hair out of the clip.. and then I'll at least look like 'me'  He creased up, said that's like saying 'do you like my car, hang on, I'll take the shoes out of the boot , it may look different then...'

JB for her soul, didn't say anything.. yet.. but maybe she learns faster than me..

...but at least they give me something to blog about.

Oh and the banana cake went down a storm again..x

2 comments:

  1. If you like it and it makes you feel good, wear it. Anyway I thought the girls were with you when you bought it?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, Lisa was, but I have a real problem with impulse buys which don't fit my normal 'look'.. need to be braver.. maybe with the onset of my 50's.. or else it's tweed cardis..!!

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)